PhonePe is currently one of the most popular instant payment platforms, with approximately 350 million registered users. It allows users to manage and access their bank accounts digitally at any time, as well as conduct UPI transactions. PhonePe is now allowing new users to complete the UPI activation using their Aadhaar card and OTP authentication, providing even more convenience to its users. PhonePe has recently enabled UPI activation via Aadhaar. Previously, users were required to use their debit card details to set up their UPI PIN in order to register and use the PhonePe app.
In order to obtain OTP authentication and set up a user’s UPI PIN, users must provide debit card information during the UPI setup process on any app, including Google Pay, Paytm, and PhonePe. However, this process limited registration access for a large number of Indian bank account holders who did not have a debit card on hand. However, with the new Aadhaar-based OTP authentication for UPI activation, more people will be able to participate in the UPI ecosystem. Here is how to activate it.
What is UPI?
UPI, or Unified Payments Interface, is a real-time payment system that allows for the instant transfer of funds between two bank accounts via a mobile platform. As a result, UPI is a concept that allows multiple bank accounts to be accessed through a single mobile application. The National Payments Corporation of India developed this concept, which is overseen by the RBI and the IBA (Indian Bank Association).
How to activate PhonePe UPI using Aadhaar step-by-step guide
To begin the onboarding process, PhonePe users who want to use this Aadhaar-based authentication must enter the last six digits of their Aadhaar number. Then, to complete the authentication process, they will receive an OTP from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and their respective bank. Following this, customers will be able to use the PhonePe App to access all UPI features, such as payments and checking the balance in their bank account. If you are a new user and want to set up your UPI on PhonePe using your Aadhaar card, follow the steps below.
- PhonePe can be obtained from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Launch PhonePe, enter your phone number, and then your OTP.
- Now go to My Money and choose Payment methods.
- Then, select your bank and press the ‘Add New Bank Account’ button.
- Now, select the bank with which you want to establish your UPI and confirm your phone number.
- PhonePe will retrieve your account details and connect them to UPI.
- You can now proceed with configuring your UPI pin. You can either enter your Debit/ATM card information or choose the Aadhaar card option.
- Enter the last six digits of the Aadhaar number and an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and UPI pin will be activated.
Once the process is completed, users will be able to access all UPI features, such as payments and balance checks.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Monday, December 26, 2022, 16:15 [IST]